We all know about how the winter holidays always lead to a profound uptick in the number of packages your residents are receiving. But as ecommerce continues to rise exponentially, there are so many other times throughout the year when package delivery may surge at your properties. Check out our list of “Top 10 Hidden Holidays” you need to be prepared for:
- Super Bowl Sunday. Once your team is out, you frantically buy gear for your de facto team of choice (let’s just say my son now owns a Falcons sweatshirt). Besides, how else are you going to get all football themes napkins, bowls, plates, etc. the Super Bowl Party?!
- 100th Day of School. Yes, this is a thing and not something we made up. It’s mostly celebrated by younger students sometime in February, as schools have fun with the number 100. Many Pinterest-loving mothers are known to order craft items at this time, which can lead to a sneaky increase of packages in some circles.
- Valentine’s Day. That oversized Vermont Teddy Bear isn’t going to drive itself to your significant other’s home. And neither is that sparkling necklace or whatever else you’ve ordered to make sure you’re not the goat on the international day of love.
- Memorial Day. Everyone wants to get away for Memorial Day. But it’s even better to leave town with that new tent, new fishing supplies, new tarps and other camping accessories. Late May always leads to a package boom.
- Independence Day. Yes, it’s illegal to ship fireworks by mail, so we’re not even going to go that route. But it’s also the heart of barbecue season and summer house parties, which leads to an uptick in online ordering of wide-ranging supplies.
- Amazon Prime Day. The monster online retailer held its first holiday exclusively for its own “Prime” members in July 2015, predictably resulting in an online ordering frenzy. 2016’s Prime Day, which Amazon touted as “one-day-only global shopping event,” was even bigger. The retail giant has vowed to bring back Prime Day this year although an official date has not been announced. So what can we expect from this year’s Prime Day?! If it’s anything like last year when we saw more than a 30% increase in packages two days after Amazon Prime Day, it will be one of the biggest package delivery days EVER!
- Back to School. Mid- to late-August means back-to-school time. This can create a sizable package rush, particularly for student housing communities. College students are continuing to seek alternative methods to purchase textbooks, such as sites like Chegg and eCampus, rather than buying them for full price on campus.
- Labor Day. While Memorial Day unofficially signifies the beginning of summer, Labor Day serves as its end-of-summer counterpart. That means one last chance to escape the grind. It also means heavy discounts on outdoor merchandise as retailers look to make a push before camping season ends.
- Pre-Halloween. While it’s a given that packages will arrive in droves during the Christmas season, this holiday can creep up on you. Some even call it a pseudo-holiday because no one ever gets the day off for Halloween, but expect a full package room as people continually opt to purchase their costumes online.
- Home Events. As families convene, host homes don’t want to disappoint. While orders of kitchen and culinary supplies increase, families also commonly spruce up their homes to make a favorable impression on their visitors.
Visit our website here to help you manage these holidays to come.
Every amenity in a multifamily community should add value and make life enjoyable. Amenities shouldn’t be an eyesore; they should be inviting, exciting, and easy to use. Each Package Concierge we deliver is both an asset and accent for communities. We don’t just drop off an assembled locker system and drive away. We’ve created a dedicated installation process, which complements the community’s surroundings. Since every community is different, every Package Concierge is unique and tailor-made. This bespoke approach to package management isn’t the easiest, but every community deserves it and the installation is what makes the difference.
For a Package Concierge to be an anchor of the community, we have to think outside the box. No two communities are exactly the same and different configurations compliment architectural features, foot traffic, space, and even line of sight. Because we’ll visit the community beforehand to ensure the proper placement of the new system, we’ve become the top package locker system for architects and designers alike. The installation is where all points blend together.An installation is an exercise in design thinking. It requires custom solutions for every inquiry and sale that comes in. This divergent approach has helped solve the package management problems of our customers. A Package Concierge never interferes with the lives of residents when not in use and the experience is naturally fluid when it is. Every installed system achieves both of these principles.Your package management problem is our solution. Our solution happens to be an installed amenity. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the word amenity as “something that makes life easier or more pleasant.” This definition is the core of Package Concierge. Our goal as a company is to make lives easier. Whether you’re a resident, property manager, or delivery carrier, our system serves everyone in different ways. We’re going to take the time to not only deliver a system but ensure its seamless integration into the community. That’s the Package Concierge difference, the art of the install.
The world moves faster than ever since the rapid evolution of technology. From the rise of artificial intelligence to sneakers that can finally self-lace, we don’t have the time to complete the tasks we once took time to do. For Package Concierge, our streamlining life solution lies in our locker systems. Taking the stress out of package delivery is what we’re known for and what we’ve delivered nationwide. However, Package Concierge isn’t just about packages deliveries. We’re regularly pursuing ways to make our high quality lockers more utilitarian, lockers that support dry cleaning delivery is another step towards making life easier.
Let’s face it; picking up dry-cleaning is just another addition on the laundry list (no pun intended) of daily tasks. Because we feel your pain, we decided to create a solution. The steps mirror the package delivery and receiving process! The dry cleaning service delivers the cleaned items directly into the system using our touch screen. As soon as the locker door is shut, the resident receives notification that their dry cleaning has been delivered and they can retrieve their clothing at their convenience.
The Package Concierge dry cleaning lockers are slimmer in design and include hooks. The units come in two configurations as well. They’re designed with clothing in mind and can accommodate everything from suits to long dresses, ensuring your valuables are kept wrinkle free once delivered. If the facility already has a Package Concierge, the dry cleaning lockers can be simply added on and fully integrate with the preexisting system.
There are also revenue opportunities. Many of our clients explore leasing the lockers to a local dry cleaner on an exclusive basis in return for getting the property’s business. It’s truly a “win-win” for all involved.Moving soon and quickly realizing this is an essential amenity? In addition to the amazing Harbor Pointe community (shown above) in Bayonne, NJ, the Package Concierge dry cleaning lockers can been seen in communities in the following cities:
Los Angeles, CA
King of Prussia, PA
Package Concierge strives to make life easier for every person using one of our locker systems. We will continue to push our hardware and software forward and be the drivers of innovation within our space. After all, deliveries and packages come in many shape and sizes. Package Concierge plans on playing a major part in all things delivered.