The mission behind Package Concierge isn’t just about providing a convenient solution to package management; it’s also about providing a solution that is safe and secure. When your packages are in one of our systems, it’s important to know that the highest quality hardware and software are storing your deliveries. In this blog, we’d like to briefly touch upon the security features in our lockers that keep your packages safe awaiting your retrieval.
- High Quality Materials – Our exclusive partnership with Florence Manufacturing ensures the highest quality in American made materials. The systems are equipped with double locking doors and the materials used in construction are tested for 100,000 + cycles each, meaning that Package Concierge can withstand high amounts of wear and tear. Users can take comfort in knowing that their packages are well secured in durable lockers.
- Layered Security – The Package Concierge can be accessed through either manually entering a username, or scanning a bar code, using a key fob and/or adding a PIN code, but properties can choose if they want to use either one or both for added security. All Package Concierge systems come with a front facing still camera. The camera runs 24/7 to ensure the safety of its users and to document all while capturing any criminal activity such as attempted theft or tampering.
- ETL Certification – This is an important fire and safety feature and something we feel is very important. Package Concierge systems are the only systems available on the market that are ETL certified for electrical, gas, and all North American safety standards. The ETL certification is given by Intertek Testing Services and they’re internationally known for the rigorous testing. The Package Concierge has met this high standard for quality through our U.S. manufacturer, Florence Manufacturing.
Safety and security isn’t something that we take lightly at Package Concierge. You trust us to keep your packages safe until you can pick them up and we plan on not only continuing the current levels of security, but also improving upon them as well. Our priority is is you and that will never change.
Let’s face it. The world of multifamily is changing faster than ever and the needs of residents change as well. This isn’t a bad thing at all! The National Multifamily Housing Council in conjunction with Kingsley Associates recently put together a very insightful infographic highlighting the changes and trends in communities nationwide. You may be surprised by some of the findings!
More people are renting – There are 1.6 million more apartment renters today than five years ago which contributes to the swelling 20 million apartments across the nation! That’s a major increase in apartment living and we’re excited to see if the trend continues.
- The Key Takeaway: As more people rent, more communities will be developed, offering many different options in floor plans and layouts. If you haven’t found your dream community yet, be patient, it’s likely coming to your market soon!
They want to walk more – Renters want to be close. Not to everything, but to the places and things that matter most to them. 70% of renters want to be within walking distance to the grocery store and 58% want to be within walking distance to a restaurant.
- The Key Takeaway: Communities (as a whole) want to be close to the action and excitement. If you’re in walking distance to what matters most to you, what more could you ask for!
Apartment Residents’ Interests Differ – Depending on the market, popular community amenities vary. For example, the data shows that 44% of people in the San Diego market consider a vegetable garden a valuable amenity while across the country in the Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill market, 65% seek barbeque grills!
Emerging Trends – This is where Package Concierge comes in. 72% of residents want a package delivery/holding area and 91% of respondents use their mobile phones all the time! Do you see what we’re getting at here? Package Concierge not only fulfills the package delivery/holding area, but residents can keep up with their deliveries with the new Package Concierge Mobile App! Talk about double coverage!
- The Key Takeaway: Mobile connectivity and bustling lifestyles are drivers in the growth of multifamily living. Not everyone can get their mail or deliveries at the same time; this is where our solution fits in!
So what does this all mean? It means that the future of multifamily is expanding rapidly and Package Concierge is going to be a part of it in a big way. Our growth as a company directly reflects why we are today’s amenity and tomorrow’s expectation. Scroll down to see the full infographic below!
This year, Package Concierge will showcase a few of our clients and how we’ve been able to work together in solving their package management needs. For our first client spotlight blog, we’re highlighting the luxurious Midtown Green Apartments, a beautiful apartment community embracing a perfect blend of Southern charm and modern sophistication.
Located in the capital city of Raleigh, North Carolina, Midtown Green, a Greystar property, is the perfect location if you’re looking to be in the epicenter of activity. Conveniently located near multiple shopping centers, amphitheaters, and the downtown area itself, it’s hard to remain bored when living at Midtown. Even if you’re not in the mood to explore the sites and sounds of the city, Midtown Green has amenities that most would dream of such as convenient onsite retail including dining and a yoga studio featuring a 70” TV with Fitness on Demand digital classes. Among these amenities is (that’s right, you guessed it!) a brand new Package Concierge system, available to all residents so their packages are safe while they’re working or playing.
We reached out to Midtown Green to see what the property management and residents thought of the system. Leasing professional, Taya Burns, was more than happy to give us a few insights as she states: “The Package Concierge has been a great help. It allows the residents to get packages without having to rush to make it within our office hours and really helps alleviate the amount of packages in our office.” When asked about feedback from residents and property management alike, she says “We have gotten a lot of positive feedback from residents. It has definitely made our lives easier with less packages in the office. Overall, they think the Package Concierge system is great and very innovative.”
The relationship Package Concierge and Midtown Green has is just one example of two organizations thinking ahead. We both have the lives of the resident in mind as we both strive to create bespoke experiences unique and exciting. We look forward to our continued relationship, and we’re positive that through our dedicated efforts, we’ll both continue to raise the bar in multifamily. Are you moving to Raleigh or looking for a new community to call home? Make sure you take the time to check out Midtown Green on your next apartment hunt!
Midtown Green Apartments Information:
LEASING CENTER: 201 Park at North Hills Street, Suite 108, Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
HOURS: Mon/Wed/Fri: 9am-6pm
Where does the time go? Time flies, and while 2015 was chock full of excitement and accomplished milestones, we have plans to make 2016 even bigger! New Year’s resolutions aren’t just for individuals; we’ve set some company goals at Package Concierge that we’re working towards everyday. Here they are in no particular order:
Expand the Package Concierge Footprint – We rounded out 2015 with 24 states in the Package Concierge footprint. Every company seeks to expand overall, but we want to increase our presence so others may experience the convenience and safety of what we provide to multifamily communities nationwide. Do we have a number in mind? Maybe. But all that truly matters is we make the lives of our clients and users easier, which is a nice segue into our second resolution.
Provide Our Clients and Customers with More Disruptive Technology – As time moves forward, so does technological advancement. Last year (which stills feels to weird to say) we announced our initiatives to launch our mobile app as well as being the first to offer resident shipping and returns. Needless to say, we have plans for 2016 that will keep the tech momentum moving full speed ahead. Our clients deserve forward thinking, and we’re going to continue our dedication to doing just that.
Continue to Prove Why “Made in the USA” Matters – To us, the “Made in the USA” label isn’t a gimmicky sales tactic; it means quality and dedication to our experienced workforce. This not only represents our commitment to these attributes, but also to true craftsmanship. Florence Manufacturing, a Gibraltar Industries company, has proven time and time again that being made in America makes a difference for our clients and customers. It’s our goal to educate as many people as possible that with our partnership, we stand for a level of excellence that’s unrepeatable and specific.
We feel that by aggressively pursuing these resolutions, we will improve in other areas of our business as well. What are your New Year’s resolutions? If you don’t have any yet, that’s ok, just strive to make 2016 the best year yet!